We live in a society where men—of all races, colours, and creeds—are falling through the cracks. This is a shame because the world needs men; it needs them at their best and to be the strong leaders they are called to be. However, this is becoming increasingly difficult due to the many societal pressures that are thrust upon the shoulders of each man in the modern world.
For this reason, men need a place they can go to for consolation—a place of safety, solace, and support. The R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast was created in response to this need. But at this point, you may be asking yourself…
1. What is the R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast?
The R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast is a supportive and welcoming event that facilitates men coming together in a safe, non-judgmental environment. It is designed with the intent of increasing personal accountability for men, fostering a shift toward excellence in their lives. This event was founded on the belief that…
Real Men Represent:
- R – Respect: Real men respect themselves as well as others; there is no substitute for the moral and upright behaviour and treatment of your fellow man. As such, real men act by the Golden Rule—treat others as you would like to be treated.
- E – Empathy: Empathy is seeing, hearing, and supporting those you love. This simple act fosters collaboration, creates rapport, and helps induce positive change in relationships with others. This is the remarkable power of empathy. And real men have it in spades.
- A – Authenticity: Authenticity means showing up with integrity; it is the hallmark of a truly mature and fully present man. In our modern world of Instagram filters and “perfectly” fabricated social media lives, being authentic has become a rarity. However, real men abide by this concept.
- L – Leadership: The call for leadership is greater than ever. Real men are leaders: They confidently lead themselves, their communities, and their families.
This Year’s Theme
Each year, the R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast comes with a unique theme. For 2023, our theme is simple yet potent:
We know greatness resides in every man; moreover, that potential is just waiting to be unveiled to the rest of the world. So we aim to use this year’s event to help bring to life the greatness that is lying dormant within the heart of each man who walks through our doors!
A Little About Our Speakers
Jim Moore, CEO of the Calgary Dream Centre
Jim Moore is the CEO and one of the founding members of the CDC (Calgary Dream Centre). He has a burning desire to help the disenfranchised to flourish. Passionate about this dream since his youth, Jim has made it his mission in life to help those who can’t help themselves.
Alex Brown, Self-Improvement Writer & Speaker
Alex is a self-improvement writer and speaker who specializes in goal setting, habit formation, and self-discipline. He focuses on helping people build confidence and momentum in their lives by incorporating healthy and productive habits into their daily routines. He also facilitates martial arts classes for the youth.
Next Step: Join us at the Next R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast
The R.E.A.L. Men’s Breakfast is welcoming to all men, regardless of their age, race, religion, etc. We thrive in community. And that’s why we’ve created this safe haven of like-minded individuals—to create a safe, judgement-free community.
So if you’re ready, please register today for in-person or live stream online on Oct 14, 2023, for the Real Men’s Breakfast event. See you there!
About The Author
Alex Brown is a Self-Improvement Writer and Speaker. His work helps people cultivate decisiveness, channel discipline, and control their direction in life. Alex has written for some of the world’s most prominent and respected personal development sites and has given many speeches to schools, charity events, businesses, and organizations, educating audiences on the power of self-improvement.